|WFKG // Intense lowrise housing Groningen // NL
|For the Development of this design we choose for a series of parameters which we consider fundamental for a good high density
- Relaxed, clear & feasible urban layout
- No “crazy” but compact typologies
- Double orientation minimal one garden connected to the living room
- High quality public space
- Parking in front of the house, but not on the street
The are has been split up in six clusters framing a car-free in-between semi-public square with lots of trees and playgrounds. This square extends the attractive quality of the surrounding public park.
All houses have are accessed via a front garden and are grouped around a green, semi-collective courtyard on the first floor. The cars are parked “invisibly” under this courtyard on groundfloor.